President & Licensed Funeral Director
Funeral Director Emeritus
1939 - The Delehanty Funeral Home was established in the home of James F. and Anna Delehanty on Mesier Avenue in Wappingers Falls, a grocer in the village for 50 years. They were the parents of James F. X. Delehanty, the owner of the firm until 1980, when he semi-retired.
1941 - As World War II began, Jim Delehanty was drafted into the army and served until 1945 as a medic. The funeral home was closed for four years.
1945 - The business resumed at the original location after the war.
1947 - The present building was purchased for the sum of $14,000.
1980 - Kevin A. Delehanty assumed ownership of the Delehanty Funeral Home.
1981 - An addition to the building was finished, doubling the size of the original home.
1997 - The property next door was purchased and the new parking area was completed.
2020 - After 52 years, Kevin Delehanty sold the funeral home to the McBride family to continue the tradition of family-owned service to area families. Kevin continues his presence at the funeral home as he transitions to retirement.
2021 - The McBride family completes full interior renovation of the first floor.